London District Christian Secondary School welcomes a limited number of International students each year. London District Christian Secondary School has a day school program only. We do not have boarding facilities. However, we do assist with arranging for a home stay.
International students admitted to London District Christian Secondary School should have a good command of the English language (reading, writing, speaking, listening). If necessary, we will provide English Second Language (ESL) course(s).
Grade placement and the granting of equivalent credits for education in the student’s country of origin will be decided by our school after reviewing the student’s transcript and courses of study. Students wishing to take the university preparation courses for admission into Ontario universities must have the necessary pre-requisite courses. Please note that students will be required to successfully complete the Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test and complete the required community involvement hours to qualify for the Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
Conditions of Acceptance
- The student must be academically able to pursue a high school program of studies.
- There must be space available in our classes.
- If the student is under the age of 18, he/she needs a guardian and must live with a school-approved home stay family. The home stay family should be Christian.
- The student is expected to participate in the faith practices of our school (classroom devotions, chapels / assemblies, retreats, etc.) and to register in our religious studies courses (grade 10 Bible, grade 11 World religions).
How to Apply
Send a letter of application to the principal in which you introduce yourself. Include the following documentation with your letter of application.
- a transcript showing the marks of your high school courses (should be legible and translated into English)
- a photocopy of your birth certificate and / or passport
- a photocopy of your student visa (if you already have one)
All of the above must be included for your application to be considered and before a Letter of Admission is given.
If your application for admission is accepted, you must send a $1,000.00 deposit (cheque / money order) payable to London District Christian Secondary School before a notice of admission is issued. This deposit will be applied to your first semester tuition. If you fail to come, you will forfeit your deposit.
Insurance (for our International Students):
Go to the following site for more information on a new or existing plan: www.inglestudents.com/ldcss
Fees for International Students
Contact the school for details.