We recognize that students are children of God, created in His image and having unique gifts and personalities that need to be discovered and affirmed. Students are encouraged to use their gifts and abilities in service to God. We seek to make the student’s high school education a good experience that is appropriate for each student when we are given opportunity to assist.
Student Services works with students in a variety of ways throughout their four year journey of secondary education. Special attention is given to transition from elementary school, both academically and socially. Students are given assistance in determining whether to take courses in the academic or the applied pathway. Special needs are identified and addressed to meet individual student needs. Students are also assisted with preparation for tests and exams, time management, use of agendas and other skills that will help them in their high school years. Advice and assistance with relationship issues are also available.
Each student receives academic guidance every year throughout their four years of high school. This includes appropriate course selection for ability levels and discussion about students perceived post secondary plans. Students are assisted with application to various post secondary institutions, scholarship application, level changes, receiving the required number of credits, academic recommendations, references and community service hours.
Student services also assists students who struggle with social, emotional or spiritual issues that involve anything from hurting relationships to depression and dealing with grief. Professional assistance is available, if required.
Student services make graduating students aware of the following scholarships and awards that are available to them:
- Thorndale Farm Supplies Agricultural Scholarship
- Dr. Jerry Heerema Health Sciences Scholarship
- London District Christian Secondary School Community Scholarship
- Honour Student Awards
- Walter Langeveld Memorial Award
- Poort – Wynands Memorial Service Award
- Racheal Van Meekeren Memorial Award
- Ontario Cooperative Education Association Award
- Lieutenant Governor’s Community Volunteer Award
- Ontario Scholar Award
- Governor General’s Bronze Academic Medal
- Male and Female Athletic Awards
- Drama Awards (Performance and Technical)